Dear children of Buckland Primary,

I hope you and your families are all safe and well. I miss you all a lot and feel so proud that you have all coped so bravely during these difficult times. I know your learning has looked very different over the last few of months, with many of you still learning at home but you have all striven to be your BEST self. Thank you J I have really enjoyed reading about your achievements in our Lockdown Celebration Newsletter and via the emails and messages you are sending to your teachers.

For some who have returned to school during the last few weeks, or have been in school since lockdown began, I know school looks and feels very different. I hope you understand, due to the outbreak of the coronavirus, the reasons why we had to make some of the changes. The safety of everyone who is in school or at home is very important to us.

Over the next few weeks everyone in school will be working really hard to plan how we are going to open our school more widely in September. School may look different in some ways e.g. regularly washing our hands or virtual assemblies and some things will look and feel the same such as our classrooms and outdoor learning spaces. We will share with you all what school will be like before our new school begins in September.

As soon as the government shares their plans we will share them with you and your parents and carers so that we all know what will be happening when we return in the autumn term.

Before then please click on the link below to see a message from us here at Buckland to you all at home. We now have a dedicated YouTube Channel, which families can subscribe to, the films on the site are just for you and your families and must not be shared on any social media sites.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC3cE3xiIoT7mc651k69hoKA

Again, thank you for ALL that you are doing at home and in school. Although we are apart I feel we are still close together in so many ways as part of our BIG Buckland family.

Best wishes to you and your families, keep smiling

Mrs Hutton and the Buckland team