Dear Year 6,

As I write this letter to you I feel sad that our time together has come to an end but I also feel immensely proud of your many achievements; personal and academic. Your final year at Buckland has certainly not gone to plan and I know that missing out on PGL, the Y6 production and end of term Prom has been especially hard.

With that in mind our plan is to hopefully bring you all together, at some point, during the autumn/spring term, government guidance allowing, in order to celebrate your time at Buckland. Thank you to the many parents who have already offered to support putting this together. So we will be in touch again… watch this space!

I hope you all enjoy your summer break and have the chance to spend time with friends and family that you have not been able to connect with. I also wish you all the BEST with your transition to secondary school in September. I am sure you are feeling anxious, but that is OK, we all feel that way especially when our lives change in some way. I always feel that way at the start of every year. Just remember:

YOU ARE FANTASTIC AND YOU CAN DO THIS!

Finally, the one tradition that truly makes us special is our Y6 arch which is celebrated every year and is our way of saying thank you, goodbye and good luck. Even though we cannot be together everyone at Buckland wanted to wish you all the BEST. Please follow the link below to see our special message from us to you and your families.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC3cE3xiIoT7mc651k69hoKA

All the best, keep smiling and keep dreaming,

Mrs Hutton and the Buckland team x