Please find detailed below the letter sent to parents from Mrs Hutton with regards to arrangements for the children’s return to school on Thursday 3rd September 2020.
September return – ALL PUPILS
Dear Parents and Carers,
We are looking forward to welcoming you and your child back to Buckland on Thursday September 3rd. Aspects of our provision will look different to what you and your child have experienced before but every consideration has been taken to support the safety and well-being of pupils, staff and families. Please read the below points carefully as it outlines the expectations and times in terms of Drop-off and Pick-up times.
Start of the day – Drop-Off
All parents to exit via the driveway following the one way system
• Only 1 adult is to accompany your child to school. Child minders can drop off children.
• Please respect SOCIAL DISTANCING at all times
• KS1: Follow the footpath through the Infant playground, following the one way system and take your child to the Fire Door of their classroom. (Puffins/Penguins/Wrens/Swans)
• KS2: Follow the footpath past the Junior hall: ∞ Y3 enter via the double doors opposite the Family Centre. (Doves/Kestrels) ∞ Y4/5/Eagles enter via their classroom fire doors. (Swallows/Owls/Kingfishers/Ravens) ∞ Hawks enter via the door next to the staffroom
• No parents are allowed inside the school building including classrooms
• Please do not linger or gather outside the school gates before or after school
Drop off and Pick Up times
Reception information will follow separately
Year group Drop off times Pick up times
Year 1 8.40 – 8.50 2.45pm
Year 2 8.45 – 8.55 2.50pm
Year 3 8.40 – 8.50 2.50pm
Year 4 8.40 – 8.50 2.55pm
Year 5 8.35 – 8.45 2.55pm
Year 6 8.30 – 8.40 3pm
School/book bags can be brought into school
• The children will remain in their class bubbles all day and will NOT mix with any other group • Playtimes and lunchtimes will be staggered to avoid mixing • Children will have their own set of resources to use each day and will not be shared with others • KS2: children can bring in a flat pencil case which will be kept in their drawer • Your child can bring in a named water bottle and fruit for morning break
PE & Sports Focus
• Children need to come into school wearing their PE kit: ∞ Year 1 & 2 Friday ∞ Year 3 & 4 Thursday ∞ Year 5 & 6 Friday NB: each class may also have an additional PE session each week
• Children will eat their lunch in the classroom
• Children who have school lunches – this will be a hot lunch take away. If you DO NOT want your child to have a school lunch and will provide your own packed lunch please let the school know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
• Stringent hand washing will be promoted and carried out throughout the day
• Please ensure your child washes their hands before you leave your house and when you get home
• Pupils will be allowed to go to the toilet which will be monitored Pick up timings See above
• Pick up will be staggered to limit numbers on site. Follow the one way system at all times
• Only 1 adult is to pick up your child – child minders can pick up children
• All parents to exit via the driveway following the one way system Pick up points are:
• KS1: from their classroom fire door. (Puffins/Penguins/Wrens/Swans)
• KS2: ∞ Y3 – via double doors opposite the Family Centre. (Doves/Kestrels) ∞ Y4 – via double doors opposite the Family Centre. (Swallows/Owls)
∞ Y5 – via Fire exit from Junior hall. (Kingfishers/Ravens) ∞ Y6 – via Fire exit from Junior hall. (Eagles/Hawks) Please note: Y5 & Y6 pupils must have written permission from their parents/guardian to walk to the school gates. Pupils will not be allowed to walk home alone due to social distancing guidelines. ALL pupils must be collected by an adult whilst social distancing guidelines remain in place.
Please do not linger outside the school gates before or after school as any social contact between families is to be avoided as much as possible. This is in line with current Government guidance. The safety and well-being of everyone is paramount.
Members of the Senior Leadership Team will be located across the school site to support families in following the established one way systems as well as to answer any questions you may have.
Again, thank you for your continued support and understanding during these challenging times.
Best wishes to you and your families
Rebecca Hutton Headteacher
Also attached is a copy of Buckland Primary’s Behaviour Principles for your information. We look forward to seeing you all again