OUR SCHOOLFamily Support
Emotional Health and Mental Wellbeing
At Buckland Primary we have a care team in place who meet regularly to discuss the welfare of our pupils and their families.
The team consists of the following members of staff:
- Headteacher – Rebecca Hutton
- Deputy Headteacher – Julie Mahon
- SENCO – Jacqui Tracey
- Welfare Officer – Emma Hawthorn
- Welfare Assistant – Julie Brown
- Home School Link Worker – Marie Caller.
Our Welfare Officer, Emma Hawthorn, is generally available for parents & carers to speak with both before and after school. Emma is able to offer support to parents in a variety of different ways including supporting low attendance, change in family circumstances, parenting hints and tips. If you or your child are struggling with any aspect of school or home life then please pop into the school office and have a chat with Emma who will be able to signpost you for further help and support as required. Emma can be contacted either via the school office or by email firstname.lastname@example.org
Home School Link Worker
Our Home School Link Worker, Marie Caller, can offer support to families in many different ways such as:
- Acting as a link between home and school including making home visits or meeting at other suitable locations
- Offering early help support to parents around a variety of different subjects and signpost to relevant agencies if required.
- Support parents to develop and maintain a positive relationship with the school
- Offer Parenting courses, behaviour advice and information to help you understand children’s behaviour.
- Work with children on a 1:1 or small group basis to support emotional literacy and encourage them, through direct contact, to be positive about their future.
Marie runs weekly coffee mornings on a Wednesday from school drop off until 10:00am just to give parents/carers the opportunity to have some time for themselves and talk about any issues they may want to.
If you would like to contact Marie directly for advice, to make a referral for support for your child or even for yourself please contact her on email@example.com.
All work that Marie undertakes with families is consent based and confidential.
Links for Parents
We have detailed a number of links below to signpost parents to other resources and outside agencies who may be able to offer help and support.
Surrey County Council Family Information Service Family Information Service (FIS)
Understanding Childhood understandingchildhood.net
New Baby & Sibling Rivalry sibling-rivalry-growing-up-with-a-new-brother-or-sister
Child’s experience of Primary School the-childs-experience-of-primary-school
Divorce and Separation divorce-and-separation-helping-children-and-parents-cope
CYP Haven – a safe haven for young people aged 10-18 to talk about worries or mental health concerns in a warm, friendly, confidential and supportive environment CYP Haven
Buckland Primary School
If you would like paper copies for any of the information on our website, please contact the school office