OUR SCHOOLHealthy School
We are very proud to announce that during the academic years 2022-23 we have achieved the Surrey Healthy Schools Award. By completing the Self-Evaluation Tool, we have identified effective practice whilst promoting and supporting wellbeing, health, inclusion and achievement. This involved a lot of hard work from our children, staff and in particular our Inclusion Team. Our certificate is displayed in school.
In order to achieve this award, as a school, we had to prove how we met the following criteria:
- The school provides clear leadership to create and manage a positive environment, which enhances emotional and physical health and well-being.
- The school has numerous policies which are reflected in practice and through ethos, culture and the environment. They are reviewed by consultation on a regular basis.
- The school curriculum includes these areas of learning which are monitored and evaluated to ensure the quality of teaching and learning: PSHE / RSHE education, healthy eating, physical activity and emotional health and wellbeing.
- The school ethos, culture and environment promote emotional and physical health and wellbeing. The school involves all children and young people in decision-making.
What are we working on next?
- Our gardening curriculum is being further developed so that children/classes/year groups now grow and sell different fruit and vegetables – Part of the Spelthorne in Bloom initiative
- Let’s get Cooking for KS2 children and families, linked to healthy eating, which is run by Mrs Tracey
- The school grounds will be updated with new trim trail, climbing frame and equipment in place for all pupils – fund raising with PTA and use of PE and Sports Grant
- revision of the school’s healthy food policy including packed lunches
Buckland Primary School
If you would like paper copies for any of the information on our website, please contact the school office