OUR CURRICULUMRemote Learning
Our overarching aims are to keep our core purpose of teaching and learning continuing as effectively as possible, and to maintain a connection between staff, pupils and their families.
Included on this page is our school contingency plan should remote learning need to be used due to a bubble or whole school closure.
Why do we have online Remote Learning?
On 1st October 2020 the Department for Education (DfE) published a directive under the coronavirus act 2020, which states that all state-funded school age children must be provided with “immediate access to remote education”. The DfE made clear within the Directive that “schools have a legal duty to provide remote education for state-funded, school-age children unable to attend school due to coronavirus (Covid-19)”. This direction comes into force on 22nd October 2020 and will have effect “until the end of the current school year, unless it is revoked by a further direction”.
Remote Learning Offer
The school has implemented research from the Educational Endowment Foundation as a basis for our approach to remote learning. When implementing strategies to support pupils’ remote learning, or supporting parents to do this, key things to consider include:
- Teaching quality is more important than how lessons are delivered
- Ensuring access to technology is key, especially for disadvantaged pupils
- Peer interactions can provide motivation and improve learning outcomes
- Supporting pupils to work independently can improve learning outcomes
- Different approaches to remote learning suit different types of content and pupils
To prepare and plan for the possibility of class bubbles isolating or the partial/whole closure of the school. It is essential that the school collates the following information from all families. This will be collected as part of our induction processes:
- Email address for school correspondence
- Consent for the delivery of resources and packs where identified
- School Parentmail/website/social media/YouTube channel recommended to all families as a platform for communication and sharing of resources
- The availability of electronic devices is ascertained for all families
Buckland Primary School
If you would like paper copies for any of the information on our website, please contact the school office